Monday, March 12, 2012

This One Time, Everneath went on a Cruise... and Found the Key to Wearing the Red Dress

Since not all of you got to see this on the Pitch Dark website, I thought I'd blog it. It's the story of EVERNEATH finding true love aboard the Disney Cruise Line.
 
Once upon a time, EVERNEATH went on a cruise, looking for adventure. She was both afraid of water and afraid of boats, but she was assured neither would be present on a cruise
 
EVERNEATH soon realized she'd been bamboozled. There was indeed a boat, and she couldn't help but notice the large body of water it floated upon. So she introduced herself to a contraption called a "rescue donut". 

When she found out it wasn't an actual donut (her two front teeth are still embedded just above the "N" in "Nassau") EVERNEATH went on the hunt for carbs, because everyone knows the key to rocking the famous red dress: lots and lots of carbs. 

Eventually she became accustomed to the big boat, and even ventured to dangle a leg off the balcony. 

A young gentleman, believing her life to be in danger, called out, "No! Don't do it!" He lunged for her and pulled her off the railing and back onto the deck, all the while shouting, "You jump, I jump!"

The gent became quite obsessed with EVERNEATH, following her wherever she went. Since EVERNEATH believed the gent wished to throw her overboard, she was forced to don disguises. Here she is dressed as a pirate. 

EVERNEATH became so adept at hiding, she could even disguise herself as a tree. See if you can spot her. 

Finally, the young gentleman gave up. He packed his bags to go home to an empty castle, alone.

"Castle, you say?" said EVERNEATH.

And they lived happily EVERNEATH after.

15 comments:

  1. This. Is so cool. Will there be an official Everneath cruise where we can relive these experiences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be awesome? My writers group and I still talk about doing a writing conference aboard a cruise ship one of these days...

      Delete
  2. Ha! That's awesome. I'm very jealous of Everneath. I must find a way to go on a cruise. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally one of those "Right place, right time, right price" things. I never would've thought I'd go on one ever!

      Delete
  3. Ah Everneath gets to do all the fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "everyone knows the key to rocking the famous red dress: lots and lots of carbs."

    If only that were true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos! Everneath is like Flat Stanley...only prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Yep, that sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad EVERNEATH had a great time. And that she lived happily EVERNEATH after. (How clever!) My favorite is of the one in the tree. I don't know why. It just makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! And EVERNEATH didn't even have to take any seasick pills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, I need Everneath's red dress and that cruise. I could use it all right now in a super bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Argh, if only carbs were the secret to rocking any great dress. My current wardrobe begs to differ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, EVERNEATH can really rock the pirate look! And I'm totally with her on the castle thing. That would seal the deal for me too ;-)

    xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the laugh Brodi. Looks like a fun cruise.

    ReplyDelete