Friday, March 9, 2012

Writing for Charity... and the Winner of the Park City High Water Bottle

The winner of the PCH Water Bottle is:


Ape2016


Please email me your mailing address at: brodiashton at gmail dot com


On to the post! Are you a writer, aspiring writer, librarian, reader, or person? (If you say this does not include you, I do not believe you)


You are? Excellent, because on March 17th, have I got the thing for you.  


It's a writing conference called "Writing for Charity", and it will feature such great authors like Shannon Hale, Brandon Sanderson, Bree Despain, Emily Wing Smith, and... this girl! And by "this girl" I mean me.


I attended this conference twice before I was published, and I think it's a great and entertaining event for a very good price (which all goes to charity to help kids in crisis). It's at the historic Provo Library, and you can pay either $25 for half day or $45 for all day.


There will be live manuscript critiques, interactive workshops, lunch provided, and a silent auction with several very cool items like:


Lunch for you and a friend with me, Bree Despain, Emily Wing Smith, Matthew Kirby and Ally Condie


or


the chance to name a character in EVERNEATH 3 (the untitled conclusion to the Everneath trilogy)


You can read more about it here or take a gander at the schedule and the presenters here.


I will be speaking on critique groups, plus critiquing first pages of manuscripts. I don't want to give any spoilers as to what we will be doing in my breakout session... except to say two words: speed dating


So, mark your calendars for March 17th, and polish those first pages! 


Will I see you there?


Will it make a difference if I tell you that I will give whoever comes to my breakout session a sneak peek at the EVERNEATH 2: It's EVERNEATH-ier cover? Which means you would learn the actual name of the book?


What else can I offer as a bribe? Diet Coke? Hugs? An over-enthusiastic High Five? A special interpretation of your latest dream? (It means you're in love with your mother) My services as a shrimp de-pooper? (That is officially my new favorite job title)


Who's in? 


*Also, did I mention that if you pre-register, you can request me to critique your work? 

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to be there! I've had to cajole, bribe, and threaten people, but I'm going to be there. And I totally want your services as a shrimp de-pooper, which really sounds like an awesome career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already registered. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just have to be there in spirit. So when you feel that odd chill while standing in a warm place during the conference, that's just my ethereal self waving, trying to get your attention even though the end result is that you won't see me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably in the States, right? Boo, I would have loved to come :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brod - I heard about this event from some Segullah women who are helping out. Wish I could go. You do indeed tempt with the Everneath-ier cover. Hope you're doing well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up! I'm so excited about this! Now I have to get through this week.

    ReplyDelete